Friday, September 16, 2011

making it BLACK

because I am in the black gallery, i have chosen to allow certain elements, particularly of circuitry, to blend in with the "natural surroundings" of the gallery.
I have painted the bulb holders black and connected them to their power source.

Black electrical tape has been wrapped around the dual wires to conceal them, and to keep the wires in place.

Don't want those guys poppin out in the installation.

I've realized I enjoy the look of the opaque bulbs more than the iridescent. Just contacted The East Bay Depot of Creative Reuse and they informed me they still have more bulbs! Gonna go get some more! The more the merrier!

Thought ---- light bulbs are placed at the end of a semi-curving PVC tube with the bulb popping out the end. Great way to conceal the wire easily, and provide an almost "optical" aesthetic...these are the lights in your brain! Digging in the brain. My favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment